AMALAwellness – Teesside offer gentle chair yoga and gentle exercise classes VIA zoom and across Middlesbrough and Stockton.
AMALAwellness’ aim is to deliver yoga classes to aid with over-all wellbeing, focusing on gentle exercises and relaxation/meditation techniques as well as quality of life and over-all health (both mental and physical).
‘I love teaching gentle yoga and meditation, working with students is really rewarding and after a few sessions people report feeling the benefits.
Its a really gentle and fun way to improve flexibility, mobility, build strength as well as working on improving confidence and reducing stress and anxiety.
The gentle movements in class married with breathwork and meditation make the classes great for both physical and mental wellbeing.
The classes have started to build up both in-person and virtually, with a lovely community feel. The classes are affordable and accessible to all abilities. ‘ – Aimee.
What is Gentle Yoga?
Gentle yoga classes are going to be accepting of beginners and people who have limited mobility, as well as being beneficial to all levels. They may include meditation. They are intended to be slow paced, gentle, calming and aim to reduce stress and aid mobility. If you have been intimidated by more athletic yoga styles or are looking for a way to unwind and reduce stress, you may want to explore gentle yoga. Also, gentle yoga is suited to those who are used to a faster pace and want to learn how to slow down.
What is Chair Yoga?
Seniors or those who have mobility issues avoid unnecessary movements due to fear of falling or injuring themselves. With limited movements, the limbs get stiff reducing the range of motion causing aches and pains in the limbs. Fortunately, with awareness of yoga practices spreading wide, those with mobility issues too can benefit from this practice through the introduction of Chair Yoga.
Benefits of Gentle & Chair Yoga:
- stretching the muscles, to reduce pain and stiffness.
- improves blood circulation to keep the body fresh and active.
- keeps control of the blood pressure.
- improves the range of motion of the joints, keeping the symptoms of arthritis in control.
- Helps lift mood – reducing anxiety
- improves balance and coordination
- Improves physical and mental wellness
- Lower the risk of cardiovascular disease
- Aids in recovery from injuries or ailments
- Manages pain and inflammation
- Improves sleep quality
- Helpful for working through difficult feelings
- Gentle way of improving flexibility, strength and mobility accessible to all
- Fun way to encourage community & sociability