We are a collective of like-minded individuals who believe in the transformative power of Yoga, Tai Chi, Gentle Movement, Meditation and Community.
To transform lives & promote healthier communities by connecting people through Yoga, Tai Chi, Meditation, Mindfulness and Gentle Movement.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
We truly believe that no matter what age or ability, AMALAwellness’ can have a positive effect and change peoples lives for the better.
To offer empowering classes, services and workshops across Teesside.
Giving Older Adults and those with limited mobility the skills they need to take charge of their physical and mental wellbeing.
To bring together like-minded individuals, to make new friends and look after their health whilst being social and having fun. When there is a sense of community, it inspires people to come together.
To motivate people so that they can stay independent, active and enjoy life.
We truly believe no matter what age or ability, Yoga, Meditation and Exercise should be accessible to all.
We strive to have a continually growing community outreach across Middlesbrough, Stockton and Redcar and Cleveland. We plan to keep collaborating with local social prescribing services, GP services, charities and organisations to offer:
- More socially prescribed spaces in classes across more areas of Teesside.
- Pop up Cafe AMALA – where we offer tea, coffee, cake and a listening ear. A place where people can come together after class to socialise and speak with teachers to help develop home plans to stay more active.
- Accessible and affordable classes in different and rural areas of Teesside.
- Fully funded courses, so people from any background can access classes.
- Specialist courses for people to really focus on what matters to them, such as courses specifically for helping with osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, alleviating Parkinson’s symptoms or with a specific focus such as balance and avoiding slips, trips and falls.