Tea: 10 wholesome quotes about the nations favourite brew

Where there's tea there's hope

Quotes about Tea, one of the favourite beverages in Middlesbrough…

I’m not going to lie, we love a good brew at AMALAwellness. (Especially me!)
From Green Tea to Yorkshire Tea (even butterfly pea tea), we are tea-addicts.
Through good times and bad, tea seems to play a crucial role in Brit’s lives.
I dug out some of my favourite quotes on the Nations favourite brew.

Here are our top 10 quotes about tea…

“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
― C.S. Lewis.

“In Britain, a cup of tea is the answer to every problem.
Fallen off your bicycle? Nice cup of tea.
Your house has been destroyed by a meteorite? Nice cup of tea and a biscuit.
Your entire family has been eaten by a Tyrannosaurus Rex that has travelled through a space/time portal? Nice cup of tea and a piece of cake. Possibly a savoury option would be welcome here too, for example a Scotch egg or a sausage roll.”
― David Walliams

white ceramic cup on saucer

“A cup of tea would restore my normality.”
― Douglas Adams

“There is something in the nature of tea that leads us into a world of quiet contemplation of life.”
― Lin Yutang

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.”
― Bill Watterson

“If you are cold, tea will warm you;
if you are too heated, it will cool you;
If you are depressed, it will cheer you;
If you are excited, it will calm you.”
― William Ewart Gladstone

photography of blue ceramic coffee cup

“Where there’s tea, there’s hope.”
― Arthur Wing Pinero

― Sydney Smith

“Tea is the magic key to the vault where my brain is kept.”
― Frances Hardinge

“Tea … is a religion of the art of life.”
― Kakuzō Okakura

What are your favourite tea quotes? Did any of these relate to you? We’d love to hear from you!

About The author:

Aimee is a Yoga, Meditation and Move It or Lose It! teacher in located in Middlesbrough, England, UK.

To find out more, visit www.amalateesside.com

17 Comments

1. CA says:

These are wonderful thoughts on tea. Would you also have for coffee? I’m more of a coffee lover over tea.

1. I also love coffee, but much more tea 😀

2. My favorite: Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.”
    ― Bill Watterson. I agree with this quote because drinking tea would perk you up when you woke up at the wrong side of the bed.

3. Oh this is awesome. I am such a big fan of tea. I drink several cups of it every single day. These quotes are great.

4. Sally says:

Those are some great tea quotes. It is something I would have never thought about.

5. bye:myself says:

Such lovely quotes. There certainly is something very special about – high quality – tea.

6. Monidipa says:

I am not a tea person but it looks really good!

7. Agnes Dela Cruz says:

If it’s not coffee then tea. I love my tea hot and minty. Thanks for this post!

8. knycx says:

I am a tea and coffee person and it really have a lot of health benefits (both physically and mentally) to me with a good brew, thanks for sharing! – Knycx Journeying

9. Lyosha Varezhkina says:

very interesting! I didn’t know much about tea even though I drink it on regular basis

10. I drink tea now so i really appreciate this lol. Super fun govno!

11. Kenneth says:

I would choose bil watersons rainy days should be spent with a cup of tea..either reading books or just facebook but of course after doing chores..and its time to relax

12. marjiemare says:

That quote of Sydney Smith is my favorite and I think the same: “Thank God for tea! What would the world do without tea! How did it exist? I am glad I was not born before tea.”

13. Ivan Jose says:

Thank you. I’m an occasional tea drinker and it’s indeed nice to hear such words about tea.

14. nice quotes.. I must add

tea builds relationship, in every cup starts a good conversation – solace by rhea

15. DESTINY says:

I enjoyed reading these quotes while having my tea. “Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.”
    ― Bill Watterson is my favorite. Love it!

16. aisasami says:

I don’t know a lot of tea quotes, but I love drinking tea. My goal in 2020 was to collect tea bags from around the world!